* Hmm… I wonder if the officer who shot and killed the unarmed white lady is going to be in a little more legal trouble than any of the officers who shoot and killed unarmed black people? [Minneapolis Star-Tribune]
* John McCain’s excellent health care is temporarily delaying his ability to take health care away from millions. May he have the same recovery that people kicked off of Medicaid can expect. [VICE]
* If you told me that R. Kelly has a Midwestern sex cult where he holds women against their will, I’d believe you. In fact, the only shocking thing to me about that statement is the modifier “Midwestern.” [Buzzfeed]
* James Comey is writing a book. I assume the working title is “How To Lose Friends And Alienate People.” [Slate]
* “Ezekiel Elliott can tote the rock tho.” — Cowboys fans who have nothing else of value in their lives. [Deadspin]
* Is the decentralization of our elections a strength, or a weakness? It’s weird, if you were only worried about a nincompoop like Donald Trump and his ban family idiots fixing the election, it’s comforting to know that our system is too complicated for them to understand. But if you are worried about a capable global villain like Vladimir Putin, suddenly I don’t feel so good. [Brennan Center for Justice]
* Where does he get such wonderful toys?
Elie Mystal is an editor of Above the Law and the Legal Editor for More Perfect. He can be reached @ElieNYC on Twitter, or at email@example.com. He will resist.
Non-Sequiturs: 07.17.17 syndicated from http://abovethelaw.com/feed/